Tuesday 24 October 2017

Tagged Under:

Socrates is triple criteria

By: ExtraFunnyPicture On: October 24, 2017
  • Share The Gag
  • Socrates's triple criteria
    by admin Email
    One day the acquaintance came to Socrates and said to him:
    I just heard something about your friend that I need to give you?
    Stop, "Socrates said calmly. - Before you tell me anything, I want to make a small test. It's called the Triple Criterion Test.
    Read
    Before you begin to talk to someone about his friend, you should think for a moment whether the criteria are met.
    The first criterion is the Truth.Are you absolutely sure that what you want me to tell you is true?
    - Not. I'm not completely sure - the acquaintance replied - actually I just heard it and ...
    Good, "Socrates said,So you're not completely sure whether it's true or not.
    Let's see now another criterion, the Dobra criterion.Is that what you want to say about my friend, something good?
    No, on the contrary, the acquaintance answered him.
    So - says Socrates - you want to tell me something bad about him, although you're not sure if that's true.
    Let's see: the Benefit criterion has remained.Will what you want to tell me about my friend, be useful to me?
    No, not really.
    Well - Socrates will again - if what you want to tell me is not true, it's not good and it's not useful to me, why should he say it to me at all?
    His acquaintance testifies this test of the Triple criterion completely to the need to tell him what he had been inventing minutes ago.
    This anecdote shows why Socrates was a great thinker and valued person of ancient Greece.
    She also explains why such a wise and insightful man never found out that his wife was lying with his friend.




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment